Friday, July 25, 2008

First day of the rest of my life......

Yea, whatever. So I went to the Drs today, because he has a weight loss program he offers. I am finally tired of being fat, having a big belly, not having clothes that fit, having to buy a bigger size pants, looking and feeling like crap.
The nurse calls my name, says Hi, and I am sorry but I have to weight you first. Trust me I told her, not as sorry as I am. And god love her she started that sliding scale on 100 lbs, isnt she sweet! I let her know right off, no honey go on up to that 150 mark and work up from there....so lets just say I am more than 150, but less than 180. They also have to know how tall I am, now I have always wanted to be 5'5", I always felt 5'5" tall, but no I never made it past 5'2". She asks me if I am sure I am 5'2", well I am pretty sure, but lets check....Oh no...now I am 5'1 1/4" tall. I have already lost 3/4" in height. How the hell did that happen. Now I am really depressed, I short and fat. Great, happy Friday.
They do some blood work, I talk to the Dr. my cholesterol is high, my BMI is high and if 2 other tests come back high I qualify for the program. He is all excited, lucky me.
So I have my diet plan in hand, have to start a food journal (oh joy)get a pedometer and do 2500 steps per day, (happy,happy, joy, joy) and see him again in 2 weeks.
Now I have to go get up off my fat, lazy ass and exercise and find something I can actually eat.
Wish me luck, I am going to need it.




1 comment:

Erin said...

Good Luck! I need to do the same thing! Maybe we should get together and trade food finds and stuff.