Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My lucky day, not

Okay, so here is the deal. I am working in Fulton Missouri this week. Fulton is about 2 hrs away from my home. about 30 mins from Columbia( which I will bring up later).. so why am I in Fulton...good question, because my boss happened to mention she needed someone to cover Fulton for a week, hint, hint. so I figure if I do this, I will just stay for the week. Get a room, bring my scrapbook stuff, my laptop, no kids, no husband peace and quiet and I can control the remote. Not too bad so far. So I drove out here on Sunday before dark, got a decent room at the Holiday Inn in Fulton.They let me have the room until Wednesday and then I have to check with them, because they are booked after that...booked, the whole damned place booked, in the middle of nowhere, during the week. so today in the morning I check at the desk, any cancellations, can I keep my little room, 105, nope they are booked, but check back before check out at noon, we get cancellations all the time...well not today. So here I am taking my lunch break at 11:30, checking to see if I can stay, hell no. So I have to hurry to pack everything up before noon, so I dont get charged a late check out and go look for another place to stay. No room at the Inn.
Only me, can this happen to, I tell you what. There is nothing here in this town to speak of, small town America, nice little place, very nice people, but what the hell could be going on betw wed and friday that I couldnt stay in a 1 bed, single room at a little hotel.
So I need a little therapy, retail therapy...after work I hit the road, drove 30 mins to Columbia, now that is where civilization is. and they have a mall, lucky me and Dillards is having a sale, lucky, lucky, got everything at 50-75% off, I feel better already, until the Dillards bill comes...oh well it could always be worse.
Two more days here in downtown Fulton, now at the Country Hearth Inn & suites, not as nice as the Holiday Inn, but it is home away from home for now. I will enjoy the remote, peace and quiet as long as it lasts, cause once I walk back in the door at home it will all change.





No comments: