Sunday, September 6, 2009

Katy Trail

Ok, so the boys and I had a great time on the trail in Washington, so my DH has the great idea that we should do the Katy trail. Now dont get me wrong I wanted to do the Katy trail as well, but.....he wants to go from Dutzow to Augusta, 7.5 miles one way. Doesnt sound too bad right....well first it was pretty, that was a plus. But my bike seat is too small for my big ass, so I spent part of the trail trying to ride standing up, not to comfortable. Poor Austin again has one speed, he just has to go at his own pace. Well my DH would call out his name and Austin would get alittle shaky and over correct and hit the dirt. The first time is was his right knee and elbow, scraped up and bloody" I am perfectly OK mom" was all he would say and he got back up and rode off again. 7.5 miles doesnt seem like much until you do it, took forever! But I was bound and determined to make it, sore ass and all.
 
Finally arrived and stopped to go to the get some more water and hit the bathroom. Nice place here in Augusta with a little restaurant overlooking the trail and the valley, with a nice band playing that day. Would have liked a glass of wine, but knew I would never make it back to the car.
 
 
On the way back, I kind of hoped it would be like any other trip back, always shorter and quick then the trip there....not so much....sore ass, turned into sore shoulders also. Funny my legs were fine, just the other parts not so good. I finally had to get off that damn bike and walk just to give the other parts a break. Poor Austin was trying to ride slower, so as to not leave me too far behind, and he crashed and burned again, this time the left knee and elbow...." I am perfectly ok mom" What a tough kid! The last mile or so Austin would ask me " Mom are you ok" and my reply would be..." Austin, I am perfectly OK"
Never so glad to have a family fun filled day be over in my life!!!!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...well, the boys had fun, right? Many wishes that your backside will know better days! lol!

Megan said...

I know the feeling!