Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Race for the Cure

 

 

Well I finally did it! No I didnt race or walk it, but I did volunteer at a waterstation. My employer, Rehabcare, hosted a waterstation this year and asked for volunteers. So Angie (one of my best and dearest friends) and I went to help. We had to get up at the crack of dawn, to meet at 6:30 am to get to downtown St.Louis by 7:30 to help set up. Most of the others there were from our corp office, very nice people and great to finally put a face to a name. The weather has pretty good, not too hot and a rare breeze once an awhile. We help serve over 9200 cups of water, and the event raised $3.3 million
It was great to be a part of this event, I was very proud of the fact that I handled it well emotionally and only cried alittle. Every other time for the past 3 years, just seeing it on TV I would ball like a baby.
If you click on the bottom picture, it will give you a close up of some of the people that walked past Union Station. They said they were expecting over 70,000 participants. Amazing!
Thanks for everyone who donated on my behalf to this great cause.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Big Gimper said...

Man that walk was a tough one in the wheelchair holding the walker...better planning next year and yes you need a raise..skiing, soccer and sky jumping...I'm pooped...but I'm bending my knee more now...thanks for the torture